Show opening hours:
26 Feb – 1 March : 10am to 7pm
2 March : 10am to 5pm
2nd March is a real exhibition day and we highly recommend that you plan to man your stand for the entire day so that you do not miss out on Visitors returning for a 2nd or 3rd discussion.
Exhibitors can access the halls from 8am daily.
Recommended arrival date and time for Australian exhibitors at Sheikh Saeed Hall (World Food), Hall 1 Al Multaqua (Dairy) and Halls 3-4 Al Multaqua (Meat & Poultry):
25th Feb at 12noon. The hall will be open until 7pm, possibly later.
Please do not come to the show earlier than noon on the 25th expecting to start setting up your displays – the stands almost certainly will not be ready. However, you are welcome to be on site to check on your freight, collect exhibitor badges etc.
Exhibitor badges collection:
Exhibitor badges are to be picked up at the “Badge Collection Point”, from 21st Feb onwards, from 9am – 6pm.
Click here for a link to the venue map, with the Australian exhibitors sign in areas and hall location. Look for the huge sign along the walkway from the METRO where the coffee shops and cafes are.
2nd March from 5pm onwards. Electricity will be cut off at 6pm. All are to clear the hall by 10pm.
Al Naboodah Cargo Centre LLC is the Official Freight Forwarder appointed by the Show Organiser.
Approximate Deadlines departing Australia:
Seafreight: 12 Dec 2016
Airfreight general cargo: 1 Feb 2017
Cargo Arrival Deadlines:
Seafreight (Jebel Ali Port): 6 Feb 2017
Airfreight general cargo (Dubai Airport): 9 Feb 2017
Al Naboodah’s contacts:
Reza Ahmed / Bakkiaraj Ramanathan
Tel: +971 4 4559 099
Freight contacts for Australia-wide cargo:
Below is a list of Australian Freight Forwarders who have experience in handling cargo for previous editions of Gulfood. Please contact them directly for quotation, freight schedule and documentation required.
Schenker Australia Pty Ltd
- Steven Yin / [email protected] / T: 02 9333 0353
Global Events Logistics Pty Ltd
- Allen Yap / [email protected] / T: 02 9016 2836 / M: 0433 670 202
CT Freight Pty Ltd
- VIC/TAS: [email protected], [email protected] / Tel: 03 9338 8388
- NSW: [email protected], [email protected] / T: 02 8337 8888
- QLD: [email protected], [email protected] / T: 07 3621 1288
- WA: [email protected], [email protected] / T: 08 9356 3688
- SA: [email protected], [email protected] / T: 08 8324 4500
Agility Fairs & Events Logistics Pty Ltd
- Richard Melchionna / [email protected]/ T: 03 9330 9034
Using your own Freight Forwarder:
Gulfood is a large show and we recommend that your Freight Forwarder consign the goods to Al-Naboodah Cargo Center, and that they contact Reza or Bakkiaraj for a quote, schedule and list of documentation required.
Sending Cargo from Within UAE:
Alpha Tours Dubai is the Official Travel Partner appointed by the show organiser (Dubai World Trade Centre) to help you organise your trip to Gulfood.
Their packages ranges from USD$750 to USD$2,650 and include:
- 4 Nights accommodation with breakfast
We advise you to consider staying from 24th Feb to 3rd March, totaling 6 nights.
- Meet & Assist upon arrival
- Arrival Transfers
- Daily scheduled shuttle from/to the exhibition centre during the exhibition days
- Departure Transfers
Phone and Internet:
There is NO FREE INTERNET in the Halls.
Your options for phone and data include:
- Venue internet service – information is in the Exhibitor Service Forms which you can find in the Exhibitor Zone – username and passwords will be provided in December to access these forms.
- Etisalat – located in the Concourse outside Hall 5 – you need your passport. They have all SIM card sizes – the cost last year was about AUD$40 for 1gb data and a reasonable amount of local phone and SMS. They also have data packs for iPads and tablets, and dongles for laptops.
- Du – another phone supplier. Also located in the Concourse area – have similar products as Etisalat.
- Last Minute Shop – also in the Concourse closer to Hall 7 – have phone and internet products and also hire out display equipment. Last year, a 1GB USB dongle was AED250, and a 4GB was AED350 – they want your business card and a AED200 deposit.
TIP: Avoid the queues at the show venue by going to an Etisalat or Du outlet at a shopping center near your hotel.
Foreigners need to bring passports to register for a SIM card.
There is no common or general store room space in the Australian area or anywhere else in the show, so if you have bags or boxes, you will have to leave them in your stand or take them back to your hotel.
Gulfood 2017 “E-Zone”
“E-Zone” is the Gulfood 2017 Exhibitor portal managed by Dubai World Trade Center. We will be issuing your usernames and passwords for this site in December. “E-Zone” will provide you with important show information including how to order visitor passes, promotional and advertising opportunities, exhibitor badges, venue internet service, show catalogue entry etc.