160 Australian export companies meet 45,400 Buyers in Singapore at FHA
More than 160 Australian companies exhibited their Australian products at the Food & Hotel Asia (FHA) and Wine & Spirits Asia (WSA) trade fair in Singapore last week.
Our large group in the Food Hall showcased a wide range of Australian produce, whilst high end equipment, hospitality technology and other specialty items were exhibited in the specialist sections of FHA.
Our Australian wines and spirits were in both WSA and FHA – winning 4 Top Honours at the WSA Wine Challenge – standing out amongst a crowd of 223 winners, from the many wines submitted.
The Visitor count (trade only buyers and industry people) was 45,403, of which 39.7% were from countries outside of Singapore, underpinning FHA’s reputation as Asia’s largest international trade show for the food and hospitality industry.
With a gross Exhibition Area of 97,000 square metres (more than 3 times the size of the entire Melbourne Exhibition Centre) the event had strong support from industry players with 3,047 Exhibiting companies from 64 countries.
Exhibitors reported great contacts and strong interest.
Marita Corra of Canberra based Inland Trading said their firm had its biggest ever presence at this years show;
“We first came to FHA in 1996 and have been coming back ever since. Inland Trading never fails to return for each edition as the show has proven to be such an effective platform for entry into new markets”.
People that come to FHA aren’t just from Singapore. There’s a great mix of buyers and sellers from all over the globe, and there are many opportunities to make valuable business contacts from airlines, cruise lines, hotels, restaurants and so on.”
Photos from FHA / WSA are on our website Gallery click here.
Contact Nurziah or Philip at Export Solutions for more information about FHA and WSA, or the upcoming shows from the Allworld Group, including;
- Seoul Food Korea 13 – 16 May 2014 – take advantage of the new Free Trade Agreement
- Food & Hotel Myanmar – 18 – 20 June 2014 – a new show
- Food & Hotel Thailand – 10 – 13 September 2014
- FHC China – 12 – 14 November 2014 – the show for mainland China
- ProWine China – 12 – 14 November 2014 – organised jointly with ProWein Germany Organisers Messe Dusseldorf
- Hofex Hong Kong – 6 – 9 May 2015 – benefit from the growth in visitors to HK, Macau - and an entry to Taiwan, Philippines and southern China.