Post Show Highlights: Food & Hotel Indonesia 2015
With 30,955 trade attendees, the 52 Australian companies exhibiting at last weeks major food and hotel trade fair “Food & Hotel Indonesia” were well placed to , seek out distributors, get feedback from the market, sign sales contracts and meet the key people in the food sector.
SHOW GROWTH FROM 2013
This 13th edition had growth across the board since the last edition in 2013;
- Visitor numbers up 25.3%
- Exhibitor space utilised up 22%
- 1,611 exhibiting companies – from 47 countries / regions – including 13 International group pavilions
- More than 39,000 industry professionals at the show (visitors, exhibitors and industry people)
- 75 local Distributors displaying their current product range
We provided contact names and locations of local Distributors to our Australian exhibitors, many took advantage of meeting them on site to discuss potential business relationships.
The many events included;
- Salon Culinaire Chefs contest – 1,018 competitors for 25 categories
- Indonesian Latte Art Championship – 114 competitors
- Indonesian Cup Tasters Championship – 68 competitors
- Austrade seminar on Food Safety - well attended, standing room only
- Crowd pleasing outdoor events such as ice carving.
The show enjoyed support from major trade associations and government agencies, including;
- Ministry of Tourism
- Association of Culinary Professionals
- Specialty Coffee Association
- Indonesian Food and Beverage Association
SHOW PHOTOS AND NEXT EDITION
Photos of Australian exhibitors, some of the many distributor stands, and more are in our gallery here.
The next edition of FHI is April 2017…but before then the sister show, Food, Hotel & Tourism Bali will be held from 3 – 5 March 2016 and will engage leading industry professionals from Indonesia’s booming food, hospitality & tourism sectors and allow you to capitalise on Indonesia’s fast economic growth and growing middle class.