EMDG applications are now open
EMDG applications for 2019/2020 are now open
Our team of EMDG Grant Advisors across Australia are ready to prepare and lodge applications now, so that businesses can receive their marketing rebates as soon as possible.
Export Solutions have been helping Australian businesses access cash rebates through the EMDG program for over 25 years.
Lodging early is beneficial - for applications lodged in July, funds are usually received in as little as 6 weeks!
Not familiar with EMDG? Here's the 15 second summary:
- EMDG is a Federal Government program, administered by Austrade to encourage Australian businesses to export
- Provides Australian businesses with a cash rebate for overseas marketing expenses
- The rebate is approximately 50% of eligible marketing expenses
- Maximum grant amount is $150,000
- EMDG is non-competitive - if you are eligible, you will receive a grant.
- If you've spent over $15,000 on international marketing costs, it's likely your business is eligible
- Pool of funds for EMDG is currently $157.9 million per annum
What expenses can you claim?
- Social Media, Digital Ads, Website, Advertising etc.
- Travel to overseas markets
- Trade Fairs
- Free Samples
- Marketing Consultants
- Overseas Representatives
- Overseas Buyers
- International Patent & Trademarks
To be eligible, an entity must have:
- an ABN
- a turnover of less than $50 million in the year of application
- spent over $15,000 in the past 2 years promoting your goods, services or IP to potential overseas customers.
- received less than 8 previous EMDG grants
- principal status - ie. make the sale to the overseas customer (with some exceptions).
For more information on EMDG go to: www.exportsolutions.com.au/export-grants/