EMDG applications for the 2020-21 grant year are now open
Austrade are now accepting Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) applications for the 2020-21 grant year.
In May 2021, Austrade announced that the first tranche payment for the 2020-21 grant year will be $30,000.
Subject to available funding, those with entitlements above this amount will receive a second tranche payment at the end of June 2022, the size of which will be determined at that time.
Interested in lodging an EMDG application this year?
From 1 July 2021, the EMDG program is changing - making this year unique, as we may be able to help you to secure two grants:
- EMDG 2020-21 - Rebate - Applications open 1 July 2021
Claim a cash rebate of about half your eligible marketing expenses you paid this financial year (July 2020 - June 2021).If it's your first EMDG application, you can claim expenses for the past two financial years - back to 1 July 2019.
2. EMDG 2021-22 - Upfront Approval - Applications open 16 August 2021
For next year, the EMDG program will be reoriented - providing upfront grant approval for your planned marketing over the next three years.
Importantly, this is for planned expenditure AFTER 1 July 2021, so you should start planning now.
Now is the time to determine your eligibility, collate documents and to establish the best strategy to maximise your grant entitlement.
10 minutes is all it takes to find out if your business is eligible - click here to book a free consultation with our team to get the process started.
Here's what you can claim:
- Advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Influencers, Amazon, YouTube, Tik Tok etc)
- Overseas Representatives
- Marketing Consultants / PR Agencies
- IP & Trademarks
- Trade Fairs
- Free Samples
- Overseas Travel
- Overseas Buyers
- Training to enhance marketing (EMDG 2021-22 Tier 1 only)
To be eligible an entity must have:
- an ABN
- a turnover of less than $50 million in the year of application (less than $20 million for EMDG 2021-22)
- received less than 8 previous EMDG grants
- received less than $770,000 in EMDG funding previously (for EMDG 2021-22 applications)
- principal status - ie. make the sale to the overseas customer (with some exceptions)
Contact our team
For more information, or to find out how we can help secure a grant for your business, get in touch with our team.
Contact us directly, or arrange a time for us to call you.
To find one our team closest to you visit: www.exportsolutions.com.au/contact-us/
Or book a free consultation here: www.exportsolutions.com.au/book-a-consultation/
Stay up to date with the latest changes and information on EMDG, you can subscribe to our updates - click here.