Grant timelines for both EMDG programs
Looking at lodging an Export Market Development Grant (EMDG) application?
Here are indicative timelines for both of the EMDG programs that are available for Australian businesses this year.
01. Cash rebate for past expenses
This is the last year of the rebate program which provides a cash refund of approximately 50% of eligible international marketing expenses you paid last Financial Year (20/21).
If you are a first time Applicant you can claim for the past 2 Financial Years.
- July 2021: applications are open now.
- After assessment grants approved up to $30,000 will be paid in full.
- For larger grants ($30,000 - $150,000) these will be paid in 2 tranches;
- The first tranche will be $30,000 – paid on approval.
- The second tranche to be paid late June 2022 – subject to scale back to match total grant demand with available Federal Budget funding.
02. Up front Approval for future spend
New rules for marketing spend from July 2021 onwards.
Grant approvals for up to 50% of your planned international marketing spend. Greater up front funding certainty with grant agreements specifying the amount to be funded each year over 2 or 3 years.
Applications open soon, now is the time to seek strategic advice.
- 16 August – 30 November 2021: prepare and lodge applications.
- February – March 2022: receive pre-approval and enter into a grant agreement.
- July 2022: lodge a milestone report for expenses paid in 2021/2022.
- August – September 2022: receive grant money after assessment.
Talk to our team.
Get in touch with our team for more information, and to find out how we can help secure a grant for your business.
Contact us directly: www.exportsolutions.com.au/contact-us/
Or book a free consultation here: www.exportsolutions.com.au/book-a-consultation/
Stay up to date with the latest changes and information on EMDG, you can subscribe to our updates - click here.