Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) – Applications to open on 31 May 2022
Austrade have announced the key dates for applications in the next round of Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) are expected to be as follows:
OPEN: AEST 9:00am on Tuesday 31 May 2022
CLOSE: AEST 4:00PM on Tuesday 05 July 2022
Applicants who are already exporting will be eligible to apply for rebates on international marketing costs incurred over a 3 financial year period which begins 01 July 2022. New exporters will apply for rebates over a 2 year period beginning the same date.
Applications are only open for a 5 week period and no extensions are available. This is a much shorter period than in the past so interested businesses should act quickly.
The application process requires businesses to submit a forecast of planned marketing expenses and a “plan to market” for the relevant 2 or 3 year period.
Here's what you can claim:
- Advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Influencers, Amazon, YouTube, Tik Tok etc)
- Trade Fairs
- Marketing Consultants / PR Agencies
- Patent & Trademark registration (international)
- Overseas Representatives
- Free Samples
- Overseas Travel
- Overseas Buyers
- Training to enhance marketing (only available for new exporters)
To be eligible an entity must have:
- an ABN
- a turnover of less than $20 million in the 2021/22 year,
- received less than 8 previous EMDG grants
- received less than $770,000 in EMDG funding previously
- Have a designated connection to the product or service you are promoting.
The application process requires business to submit a forecast of planned marketing expenses and a “plan to market”.
For more information, or to find out how we can help secure a grant for your business, get in touch with our team.
To find one our team closest to you visit: www.exportsolutions.com.au/contact-us/
Or book a free consultation here: www.exportsolutions.com.au/book-a-consultation/
Stay up to date with the latest changes and information on EMDG, you can subscribe to our updates - click here.