Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) – Applications to open on 6 July 2022
After 'pausing' the re-opening of EMDG last month, Austrade have now announced that applications in the next round of Export Market Development Grants (EMDG) are expected to be as follows:
OPEN: AEST 9:00am on Wednesday 6 July 2022
CLOSE: AEST 4:00PM on Wednesday 17 August 2022
Applicants who are already exporting will be eligible to apply for rebates on international marketing costs incurred over a 3 financial year period which begins 01 July 2022. New exporters will apply for rebates over a 2 year period beginning the same date.
Applications are only open for a 6 week period and no extensions are available. This is a much shorter period than in the past so interested businesses should act quickly.
The application process requires businesses to submit a forecast of planned marketing expenses and a “plan to market” for the relevant 2 or 3 year period.
Here's what you can claim:
- Advertising (Facebook, Instagram, Google, Influencers, Amazon, YouTube, Tik Tok etc)
- Trade Fairs
- Marketing Consultants / PR Agencies
- Patent & Trademark registration (international)
- Overseas Representatives
- Free Samples
- Overseas Travel
- Overseas Buyers
- Training to enhance marketing (only available for new exporters)
To be eligible an entity must have:
- an ABN
- a turnover of less than $20 million in the 2021/22 year,
- received less than 8 previous EMDG grants
- received less than $770,000 in EMDG funding previously
- Have a designated connection to the product or service you are promoting.
For more information, or to find out how we can help secure a grant for your business, get in touch with our team.
To find one our team closest to you visit: www.exportsolutions.com.au/contact-us/
Or book a free consultation here: www.exportsolutions.com.au/book-a-consultation/
Stay up to date with the latest changes and information on EMDG, you can subscribe to our updates - click here.